Poker is played by different decks - at 32, 36 or 54 cards, but most often uses a standard deck of 52 sheets with equivalent suits. Playing a few participants (2 or more, usually up to 10 at one table). Card values are ranked from the ace and then (king, queen, jack, 10 ... 2). Ace can be viewed as a low card to form a sequence (straight) to 5, inclusive, and as the eldest (in combination with King-Queen - Jack - 10). The game consists of several phases (depending on the variety of poker), so called. rounds of trade or streets (street or straight). Each of them begins with the distribution of new cards. After the cards each player has the option to bet or leave the game. The winner is the one whose combination of five cards will be the best, or one who can push out other players by betting or bluffing, betting, and will remain one until the showdown.
There is also a version of the game for slot machines - video poker, although the absence of trade experts generally do not consider video poker poker game.
The possible combinations of cards in descending order of merit:
- Royal flush - «King's suit"): the upper (ace, king, queen, jack, ten) five cards of the same suit, for example: A ♥ K ♥ Q ♥ J ♥ 10 ♥.
- Straight flush «suit in order"): any five cards of one suit in order, for example: 9 ♠ 8 ♠ 7 ♠ 6 ♠ 5 ♠. Ace can either start the order and finish it.
- Four of a Kind / Four: Four cards of equal rank, for example: 3 ♥ 3 ♦ 3 ♣ 3 ♠ 10 ♣.
- Full house: Three cards of one rank and one pair, for example: 10 ♥ 10 ♦ 10 ♠ 8 ♣ 8 ♥.
- Flush ("color"): Five cards of same suit, such as: K ♠ J ♠ 8 ♠ 4 ♠ 3 ♠.
- Straight (born straight - «Order"): five cards in order of any suits, for example: 5 ♦ 4 ♥ 3 ♠ 2 ♦ A ♦. Ace can either start the order and finish it. In this example, T ♦ starting combination and its dignity is estimated at one and 5 ♦ considered the highest card.
- Three of a Kind (three identical) three cards of one rank, like 7 ♣ 7 ♥ 7 ♠ K ♦ 2 ♠.
- Two pair : Two plus two (born two pairs): Two pairs of cards, for example: 8 ♣ 8 ♠ 4 ♥ 4 ♣ 2 ♠.
- One pair : Two cards of one rank, for example: 9 ♥ 9 ♠ A ♣ J ♠ 4 ♥.
- High card: none of the above combinations, for example (a combination called a "Senior Ace"): T ♦ 10 ♦ 9 ♠ 5 ♣ 4 ♣.
In most variants of poker, each distribution has a few rounds.
In some variations of poker before putting all the players have made the same initial rate (Latin ante)
In some variations of poker, some players have made a first blind (born blinds)
In the course of trade a player can do the following rates:
- Bet - a bet;
- Call - to put as much as put a rival - to equalize;
- Raise - increase the bet - bet more than rivals;
- Fold - not to participate and fold;
Chek-in situations where the rate has already been done blindly or rates have been made by rivals - do not add bid to leave "as is".
A betting round ends when all competitors have equal bets or folded.
The bets are added into the pot.
If, during the last round of betting more than one player remains, then maps are opened and the player's hand are compared. If only one player left in the game, then he wins the pot.
When playing in a casino, the casino takes a portion of the bank itself as the price per game (rake).
If more than one player won the game, the pot is split equally between all winners. (Split pot)
At the same time I must say that is not always a game of poker the best hand wins, because with a well designed game and you can win blefovaniem c worse cards than the opponent.
In on line poker, there is a rule that a player participates in a game only the money that he put on the table - stack. Replenish the stack can only be between games. Withdraw from the stack can not be without leaving the table. If a player has run out of money in the trading process, he continues to play, but does not participate in further trade and on the table is formed or additional side pots, which can only win the remaining contenders.
Often there are several varieties of the same game, the difference between them lies in the size of bets that players can do:
- Limit - Players can only do flat rates or raise only the amount of fixed rate.
- Pot limit - Players can bet from the minimum to the current size of the bank.
- No limit - Players can bet from the minimum to the size of your stack.