"Online Casino Canada" - anybody who lives in Canada and like to play at casinos online searching for that termin. As it is well-known, Canadians really like playing in casinos online, for the large fun and pleasure of it. In addition, actively playing at casino also have been an age-old traditions in Canada and for that reason a lot of people today really like to enjoy it just to keep that old lifestyle, and not just for the extra bucks. There are actually of course lots of benefits of playing in a Canadian online casino.
The primary benefits that comes up is that you are able to play from your home. Specially if it is winter, you do not need to get out into the freezing and cold weather conditions and discover a land based casino. There could be snow on the highway and your auto could possibly be out. It's really a lot better to be at house and appreciate all the advantages and entertaining that you might have had at a real land bases casino? Without a doubt it is.
We respect our Canadian visitors, and exclusively for them we collect best for those who searching for "online casino Canada". At the list below all canadian players are available.
Rest Canada Casinos Online
Are you a Canadian player looking to play at Canadian online casinos? Here's a detailed guide on what you should know about online gambling in Canada!
Canada - Online Casinos for Canadian Players
Often recognized as the legal grey area in Canada, online gambling is a popular practice among a majority of Canadian players who love wagering online with real money. The complexities of the law don’t prevent the offshore sites from offering gambling services to Canadian citizens. If you are from Canada and looking to try your hands at online casino games, here’s a comprehensive overview of what you should know about the online casino games and how you can start playing today.
History of Online Gambling in Canada
The history of gambling in Canada has been a roller coaster ride, with its inception as a legal activity, but then a prohibition in 1892 made gambling unlawful in all forms. Over a period of time, the regulations have been relaxed to an extent that bingo and raffles were considered for charitable events by the beginning of 20th century. Betting on horse races was made legal, and slowly gaming machines took the centre stage in 1985.
As technology took over the world, internet gambling increased in popularity, although this form of gaming remains in a tricky situation, since the Canadian Government doesn’t allow licensed online casino operators to set their enterprises in Canada. However, there is no restriction whatsoever on players who want to gamble online on sites hosted in some other countries. Today, we have plenty of websites that accept Canadian players and the CAD currency.
One of the most notable facts about internet gambling in Canada is based in the Kahnawake Mohawk Territory, where the Kahnawake Gaming Commission has been providing licenses and hosting gambling websites since 1999. Located just outside Montreal, this place is known for unrestricted internet gambling, as many of the reputed online casinos are hosted here.
Is Gambling Legal in Canada?
As per the criminal code of Canada, there is no such commandment that prohibits the citizens from playing at online casinos; however, it has some restrictions on gambling sites that are not licensed by provincial government. More than 1400 offshore websites are available to Canadian players for casino-style gaming. To tighten the grip on online gambling processes, the authorities are willing to act against, but till this day only one of the companies, Starnet Communications International, has been prosecuted and fined on the basis of criminal code.
British Columbia Lottery Corporation launched the first ever legal online casino in Canada in 2004, making it accessible for residents of Manitoba and British Columbia. It was reported in 2007 that only 2.3% of Canadian population participated in online gambling activities but in recent years, this number has spiked up considerably due to the widespread access of Internet connectivity.
Laws and Regulations
Canada does have strict rules and regulations on land based casinos, however, internet gambling was not something they were prepared for when it came into the picture in 1999. This was the year when the Kahnawake Gaming Commission was set up to provide licensed gaming sites in Canada. Most of the operators obtain a valid license, and move their servers to this secure venue in order to gain that reputation and respectability when it comes to offering legal games to the customers.
Historically, gambling laws in Canada have been strict, and things become even more intricate when it comes to online gambling. Each of the provinces has the liberty to impose restrictions on the sort of gambling activities they want to allow in their region. Some of them operate their own websites, while most of the approved outlets give you an option to place bets over the internet. It’s perfectly fine for the users to play online or purchase lottery tickets. The laws are quite clear regarding the fact that any operator not owned or licensed by government of Canada or any other country is involved in a deceitful activity.
If you are looking to gamble online in Canada without facing any legal issues, your main concern should be the authenticity of the casino site. All in all, there is no such law that makes online gambling a legal activity, and there is none that makes it illegal. No Canadian citizen has ever been prosecuted, arrested or charged for betting at an online gambling website. Whether you choose to play at a reputed gambling site licensed locally or overseas, you are free from facing any sort of legal trouble.
Enlisted below are some of the most commonly used payment methods for payment and withdrawals for Canadian Players:
• Citadel: Citadel is a legally permitted payment gateway commonly used for making deposits at online gaming sites in Canada. The transaction is done in a safe and secure manner through the Electronic Internet Check that allows for a reliable money transfer from both desktop and mobile device. When transacting through this method, you don’t have to use your credit card or reveal confidential bank details to a third party. All you need to have is a bank account, and most of the payment processes are finalized within 3 working days.
• ClickandBuy: ClickandBuy is the most user-friendly and secure payment method allowed in most of the online casinos in Canada and around the world. Registering on this site is quite simple, which is followed by a quick verification process. Both the deposit and withdrawal can be done to the player’s account through direct bank transfer, where the whole process takes somewhere between 3-5 working days.
• Visa Debit & Credit Cards: Certainly the most widespread payment method in online gambling industry, Visa debit, credit and prepaid cards are acceptable in more than 150 countries. Credit cards are more commonly used for transacting funds in an online casino account.
• MasterCard Debit & Credit Cards: A brand that is widely recognized for its high-level security, reliability and diversity provided to the customers. It’s commonly preferred for making purchases online, although it doesn’t allow the withdrawal option like Visa. It’s better to use a prepaid MasterCard that comes along with a limit which cannot be crossed.
• Ukash: One of the most secure, safe and easiest payment methods, Ukash is tailor-made for someone who is insecure about sharing private details on multiple platforms. The prepaid cards offered by Ukash can be obtained in exchange of cash and you can use it before the limit expires. Dispose it off easily after use, and get a new one. Simple!
• Instadebit: With Instadebit, you can deposit and withdraw money instantly to your online casino account. This is one of the quickest ways to pay or get paid, in comparison to other methods which take longer processing time. As a player, you are guarded with maximum security throughout the entire transaction. As a Canadian citizen, you can get an account on Instadebit, if you are a customer of Scotibank, RBC, BMO, TD or some other credit unions.
• FundSend: With this option, you have the flexibility to directly transfer funds to a website or from one bank account to another. You need to have an active account to use the services of FundSend. You’ll be given a unique ID that you’ll have to input for the payment to be completed.
• PaySafeCard: If you are not willing to reveal personal bank details to any of the third party websites, you can make use of PaySafeCard as a convenient payment method. One can also get it in the form of electronic voucher, which is easier to work with. The card is reloadable, and you can use it multiple times, and the same PIN code is used every time you recharge.
Why Should You Play at Canadian Online Casinos?
Although there are many offshore websites that allow you to play casino online in Canada, but only the ones optimized for Canadian players should be preferred, and there are a number of reasons as to why you should do so:
• Wide Availability of Popular Games: Nothing can be worse than surfing to an online casino and not finding the sort of games you like to play or have been playing since a long time. For Canadian online casinos, it will be hard for any player to complain about the variety of casino games since players have access to almost any kind of casino games they wish to play online.
• Attractive Welcome Bonuses and Promotions: The majority of online casinos in Canada offer a welcome bonus where they match the initial deposit amount to a certain extent. If you opt to play at Canadian online casinos, you’ll be able to take benefits of few promotions that are not offered in any other country, except Canada. These can include anything from free getaways to a vacation in Toronto, Ottawa, Vancouver or Montreal.
• Trustworthy & Trouble-Free: With reputable online casinos in Canada, you don’t have to worry about the federal or provincial laws applicable on the same. You can wager freely without getting worried about falling into legal troubles. As a Canadian player, you can enjoy playing safely on a gaming platform specifically suited to your own preferences.
• Play in the Canadian Currency: Most of the other gambling websites online are designed with Euros and US dollars as the standard currency accepted for deposit and withdrawal. However, if you opt to play at a Canadian online casino, you have the advantage of saving a lot of money that is spent on the exorbitant exchange rates. Most credit card companies will charge you hefty fees for such services.
• Live Customer Support: Any form of technical or game-related support is confined to chat or email for a majority of offshore websites. Canadian online casinos have a dedicated customer support team available 24/7 to take toll-free calls from anywhere in Canada, and you can get your issues resolved in real time.
• User-friendly Payment Methods: Most of the international casinos use expensive services as a form of payment, which include credit cards, Neteller or Skrill. With Canadian online casinos, you have the benefit of using easy and mostly localized payment method to make deposits without any hefty charges. Withdrawal is also simple and easy, and you have lots of payment options at your disposal.
How to Play at Online Casinos if You Live in Canada
• Choose the Device You Want to Play on: A number of online casino games are available both in desktop and mobile versions. You can either go for instant play, or download the application on your Windows, Mac, Android or iOS. However, if you are downloading the game, it's best that you are using your own IP address at home for safety reasons.
• Register on Your Preferred Online Casino: Once you sort out a reputable online gambling site providing access to Canadian players, you can sign up with all your details. Your personal information is kept strictly confidential and away from any kind of interference by third party links. Make sure to register with the same name as the one on your bank account or credit card. On registering, if you are prompted with an option of welcome bonus offer, read the terms and conditions behind the same and take note of the threshold amount you require to withdraw any winnings made from the bonus amount.
These are generally written in fine print, and many people might make mistake of ignoring them.
• Make a Deposit: Choose an appropriate payment method that allows you to transact in Canadian dollars without incurring additional bank charges. Look for a deposit-match bonus, if there is any, and transfer funds according to the best you can make of this offer. Top Canadian gambling websites offer exact-match deposit up to twice the amount you put into the online account. However, make sure this amount is withdrawable in case you make a winning out of it.
• Select Your Game and Get Started: Once you are done with all the formalities, it’s time to get into action as you get to choose from a wide selection of games under different categories including the popular ones such as slots, poker, roulette, blackjack, and many more.
Now that you are completely aware of all the regulations and basics of online casino gaming in Canada, it’s high time to register yourself at one of the popular online casinos in Canada, and start experiencing the real thrill of playing casino games from the comfort of your home!