In modern Australia online slot machines are known as pokies. Pokies online are very common among players. For this reason, a huge range of websites are providing this fun gaming for Australian gamers too.
The Australian government's laws is not quite contusive towards online gambling and online casino Australia. They are even more forthcoming with legislation that prohibit the usage of real money and ensure it is a criminal activity to play or provide games with real cash gambling engaged for those who was born in Australia.
But Australian online casino list wont make you to wait, because it is not unlwaful to play at casinos based at other country. We collect featured casinos online available for Australian residents. Chek out the list below and make your choice.
Rest Australian Casinos Online
Are you an Australian player looking to play at Australia's online casinos? Here's a guide on what you should know about online gambling in Australia!
Australia - Online Casinos for Australian Players
Gambling in Australia is a favorite pastime activity, with as much as 80% adults involved in some or the other form of gambling. All sorts of casino-style games are available and accessible online to a majority of Australian players. But before you get started with online gambling in Australia, here’s a brief overview of what you should know about playing casino games online with real money from Down Under.
History of Online Gambling in Australia
Gambling in Australia took off in the New South Wales region after the introduction of the Betting Bill on 22nd of August, 1956. Players flocked in numbers to local pubs to try their hands on the machines (affectionately called "pokies" in Australia), which certainly came as a huge turning point in the gambling industry.
The increased popularity of gaming machines was mainly due to flexible trading hours and the fact that it provided a socially acceptable environment for a wider demographic. All this contributed towards a stepping stone in the Australian gambling history, as the players gradually shifted from playing at pubs to the casinos.
In the late 20th century, technological advancements made it clear that the prospective future of gambling lies in the digital world. However, this was the time when some of the major countries including US, Canada and Australia were not prepared for an internet-based gambling platform.
In the year 2001, the Interactive Gambling Act (IGA) was formulated by the Australian Government to curb the harmful effects of gambling in Australia. This is applicable to all sorts of online gambling service providers, whether they are based offshore or in the country itself. In spite of all the amendments and restrictions, many gambling websites are still accessible to Australians for playing games online with real money.
Is Online Gambling Legal in Australia?
The IGA prohibits any service provider to offer gambling services to a player who is physically residing in Australia. However, you will not be in legal trouble for playing casino games online in Australia. Casino operators don’t enjoy the privilege of providing interactive gambling offers to Australian players, but the latter can freely use any popular gambling site to fulfill their needs. Whether such an activity violates the formulated gambling laws is an intricate question, and there has been no real attempt to prevent players from participating in such activities or cracking down the casino operators.
On the other hand, sports betting and online lottery are completely legal in Australia, under the condition that they are carried out in a land-based casino. When it comes to online gambling, the in-play betting is characterized as interactive gambling, which makes it illegal for operators to offer it to Australian residents. In spite of this, Australian players can still go for this option offered by offshore websites who does not fall under the jurisdiction of the IGA law. The best part here is, the amount of money you win from gambling is non-taxable in Australia.
Laws and Regulations
Although most forms of gambling are legally available to a majority of Australian players, there are a few government restrictions, including the Interactive Gambling Act, which have a little effect on the players. Such confinements mainly deal with the operators rather than the players. The Australian gambling industry is susceptible to changes, with current authorities looking for tighter regulations on online betting, especially for problem gamblers. The focus is more on self-exclusion programs to strengthen the IGA enforcements in order to ensure protection of players from illegal gambling operators.
Up until 2001, operating an online casino and providing services to Australians was considered legal. Then the Interactive Gambling Act came into the picture with mainly two prohibitions.
• Any form of ‘Interactive’ Gambling advertisement to Australian residents.
• Offering real money gambling services categorized under ‘interactive’ (including games likes Poker, blackjack, roulette and in-play sports betting).
While the law doesn’t make it illegal for online casinos to operate, publicizing it within the Australian borders can attract a maximum penalty of up to $220,000 a day for individuals and $1.1 million for the company.
As a player, you are not prohibited to place wagers online, and a number of offshore betting sites provide services to Australian citizens. Sports betting is not outlawed till the time you place the bet before the action begins, however, in-play betting is considered to be unacceptable in the eyes of IGA. Similarly, online lotteries are fine, but instant-win scratch cards are not.
Common Deposit/Withdrawal Methods
Australian players have a number of options when it comes to depositing or withdrawing money at online casinos. Here are some of the best options to choose from.
• Credit and Debit Cards: Certainly the most commonly used means of depositing and withdrawing the money from online account, the credit and debit cards are easy to use for instant transactions. While you might have a predefined limit on a debit card, you need to take control of how you are spending through the credit card. Most of the casinos accept it both as a deposit and withdrawal method, and the funds are usually processed within 1-2 business days. Make sure to go through the guidelines, and be informed about the service charges your will card accrue for every transaction.
• E-Wallet Services: Known to be the quickest way to add funds to your online casino account, an E-wallet service is ideally suited for those who make frequent deposits and withdrawal at multiple gambling websites. An e-wallet basically acts as a third party between multiple online casinos you play at, and the credit card or bank account you use. The main advantage here is the fact that you don’t have to keep sharing private details every time you sign up for a new gambling site. Just link your credit card or bank account once, and make deposit as well as receive withdrawals at the touch of finger. You can also transfer funds from one casino to another through the e-wallet.
• Bank Transfer: There can be different bank transfer options depending upon the requirement. ‘Local transfer’ is a cheaper option, while you can also use bank wire transfer. Even though it’s a safe method, the process can be really slow, but the fee you incur – even for large deposits – is minimal. It’s perfect for high rollers who move large amounts of funds in a single transaction. Moreover, the high level of security you get while transferring money directly from the bank account is unmatched. It’s not a very popular payment method among the players though.
• Prepaid Cards: Prepaid cards such as Ukash are quite popular among Australian players who look to wager online within certain confinements. The biggest benefit of using such a card is the fact that you don’t have to share your financial details, since you can buy the card in cash. Once you exhaust the value of this card, you can easily dispose it off without worrying about your confidential details. Despite the limitations on the threshold amount you can deposit through this secure option, it’s growing in popularity among Aussies who feel wary about sharing their private data.
Why Should You Play at Australian Online Casinos?
As an Australian resident, it’s important to follow the IGA rules in order to prevent participating in illegal gambling activities, and hence it’s advisable to choose reputable Australian online casinos to fulfill your gambling needs. Here are a few strong reasons why you should play at online casinos in Australia:
• Trade in AUD Currency: Online casinos in Australia provide you with an option to deposit, bet and withdraw cash in the Australian Dollar, unlike the case with websites that are not targeted for Australian players where you will be forced to convert your money to either Euro or US dollar. This conversion comes along with an additional bank charge, and currency exchange rate, leaving you with something less than what you paid for. Again, at the time of withdrawal, the USD or EUR will be converted to Australian Dollar, and you lose another portion of money. This can really add up to a significant amount in the long run, and you’ll always end up with something less than what you should get.
• Toll-Free Customer Support: Basically three modes of customer support are available to Australian players: telephone, live chat and email. Most international online casinos take at least 24 hours to respond to an email, which is not exactly required in a desperate situation. Live chat can be inconvenient, as the query is processed in text which can be misleading. The best option is customer support over a phone call, which can be accessed for free if you choose to play at an Australian online casino. The excellent toll-free support has a set of experienced support-team who are professional in dealing with issues in real-time.
• Games by Top Gaming Platforms: A wide assortment of games designed by top gaming platforms such as IGT, Microgaming and Netent are lined up on the Australian online casino websites, with release of new games almost every month. These games are ideally suited for Australian players, who have the flexibility to choose from a wide variety of exciting games.
• Safe and Secure: Most of the reputed Australian online casinos are licensed by regulatory authorities, and audited by expert agencies like eCOGRA. The games are played in a fair manner, and the payment processing is done in a secure environment with robust SSL encryption. All sorts of confidential information remain private to the system, and are not shared with anyone in any form.
How to Play at Online Casinos if You Live in Australia
• Pick a Reputable Gambling Site: Given the tough competition in the online gambling industry, there are plenty of websites that claim to be authentic, but only few have the "trusted" status among the top Australian players. Look for online reviews and sort out the gambling site you would like to play on. The basic scrutiny should be done on the promotions offered and the kind of deposit methods it allows for. Sometimes a word of mouth from an experienced local player also can help you in choosing the right gambling portal to play at.
• Register on the Chosen Website: Once you zero in on a particular website, fill up the details in the manner they are required. Make sure to register with your original name, in order to avoid any conflict when you link your credit card or bank account. If there are any welcome bonuses or promotions on offer, read the terms and conditions and opt-in if it seems plausible.
• Choose a Payment Method/Make a Deposit: Look for the cheapest option you have both in terms of deposit and withdrawal, and make sure to set the currency in AUD. Be informed about the service charges involved in financial transactions, and whether you’ll be able to withdraw the winnings extracted from the bonus amount.
• Choose the Games You Want to Play: It’s very easy to get carried away by the variety of games offered at an online platform, but you should choose your games based on what you are good at. Some of the popular ones include blackjack, roulette, slots, poker and many more, under which there can be many versions of the game. Don’t get overwhelmed by the abundance of options, and as a beginner you should try a new game every time before you stick to one or two. Choose the games with the lowest house edge and gradually move on to high-payout ones. You can research on web to find some of the most popular online Australian casino games both for beginners and high-rollers. There’s nothing called good or bad choice; it’s all about taking control of the game you prefer to play.
Remember, online gambling should be a fun activity, and it should not be taken to a level where you feel the stress of chasing losses more often than not. The key thing about playing at Australian online casinos all starts with choosing the right place to play at. So, get yourself an account today, place some wagers, enjoy the great rewards, and experience the ultimate thrill!
Online Casino Australia Casinos Online